Password Settings and Common Troubleshooting for Amped Wireless rec10 extender device
During the first time configurations for your Amped Wireless rec10 extender device, you will notice that you do not need any kind of login password for your device. You must have a login password for accessing the login page for your device so that you can secure the wireless settings for your Amped wireless WiFi extender device. In this article we are going to explain the steps for choosing a strong login password for http:// setup.ampedwireless.com web address.
Here are the Steps for Password Change
- Because you have not set any password for your device so access the login page for your Amped Wireless rec10 extender device using http:// setup.ampedwireless.com web address.
- Go for the “password” option from the configuration window.
- There you can choose the password that you want to set for your device.
- At last, click on “Apply” button and save the password for your device.
The default password is now changed for your WiFi extender device and if you want to login your device, you will need to fill this password for your device. Your Amped WiFi extender login page is now fully secured.
Can’t Login the Smart Setup Page for your Amped Wireless rec10 extender device?
If you want to change the wireless settings for your device, you will need to access http:// setup.ampedwireless.com web address. If you can’t access this default address for your device then you will need to make sure that following points are accurate at your home network.
- First make sure that your computer device is connected to WiFi access for your extender device. As we told before that default SSID for Amped Wireless rec10 extender device is Amped_REC10 so make sure that you are connecting your device to this web extension.
- You can try another web browser because there are some old versions of web browsers that can’t support the setup page advance Amped wireless WiFi devices.
- Remove power supply for your device for few minutes and then try to access the login page for your device.
- You WiFi router device must have WiFi connections so that your extender device can deliver you the WiFi connections for accessing http:// setup.ampedwireless.com web address.
- There are possibilities that your Amped wireless extender device is placed too far from the WiFi router device. If the distance is too long, your devices will not able to communicate to each other.
- You can hold the reset button for your device and remove the current settings for your device. In that way you can access the login page for your device very easily.